Virus Repair and Removal Fort Collins CO
Malware and Viruses are the number one security threat to your computer. They often can lead to personal information leaks or loss of access to your computer.
Colorado Computer Doctors are ready to remove those pesky viruses. We have the remedy for viruses, and we guaranty our work.
What are the common types of computer infections?
A computer virus is a malicious program designed to infect your computer by spreading to other programs and documents. These viruses attempt to infect a vulnerable system to steal sensitive data. When it comes to personal data, think of bank information and credit card numbers.
The main ways you get a computer virus include:
- Visiting an unsecured website
- Opening a file from an untrusted source
- Opening an email attachment
- Plugging in an infected USB drive
Malware has been around since the dawn of the internet age. As time goes on, malicious software developers have become more creative in getting their software installed on your computer. Malware can get onto your system without you even knowing.
The malware attempts to gain access to your personal information or hold your computer hostage. Hackers can then demand a ransom payment for your information.
How you get malware
- Automatic installation of programs from a dangerous website
- A program asks permission to install one program but inserts a different one
AdWare and Spyware
Adware is a software that causes pop-ups that focus on getting you to buy something. The original intent of Adware was to help freeware developers generate revenue. Over time, it has been more common to find it used in malicious ways, known as spyware.
How do you get Adware:
- Adware commonly comes from downloading freeware software
Preventing Virus Infections
When it comes to preventing virus infections on your laptop or desktop, Computer Doctors can help. Free antivirus systems like Windows Defender and Malwarebytes offer minimal security. You need much more to ensure online protection.
There are a few things you can do to help reduce the likelihood that you will get a computer virus
- Install quality Anti-virus software
- Keep your anti-virus and malware software up to date
- Run regularly scheduled scans with your anti-virus software
- Make sure your operating system and software are up to date
- Secure your network with a strong wifi password
- Think before you click
- Use skepticism when providing personal information online
- Use multiple strong passwords
- Back up your computer regularly
If you are interested in complete virus coverage, check out our affordable Membership Plan. Members receive a premium antivirus system along with UNLIMITED virus repairs and other benefits.
Signs your computer is infected
It is essential to pay attention to the warning signs that your computer may have a virus. The sooner you clean your computer, the less likely it is for your personal information to become available to hackers.
Common warning signs include:
- Slower than the typical system or internet performance
- Frequent pop-up advertisements
- Toolbars in your browser you did not install
- Programs running on their own
- Files duplicating on their own
- Corruption or deletion of files and folders
About The Computer Doctors
Since 2010, The Computer Doctors have been your source for computer repair services, business solutions, and virus removal. We also handle computer tune-ups and refurbished computers in Fort Collins Colorado.
In 2019, we moved to our current location off Lemay Avenue to give customers easier access to our storefront and better parking. Our focus is on making technology approachable and accessible. It is our commitment to bring the best in computer repair and customer service every time.
Make The Computer Doctors your go-to computer repair company in Northern Colorado.
If you think you have malware give us a call
Once viruses, malware, or adware/spyware get onto your system, you need a full cleanup to make your computer safe again. The free antivirus software we recommend can provide details of the infection status of your computer. However, it may not be able to remove the viruses entirely. Give Computer Doctors a call for the best Fort Collins Virus Removal in town.
For your desktop system or business computers, our experts can perform remote virus removal. This way, you can remain home and still get the help you need. We can also provide remote service to your laptop.
If you are more comfortable bringing the machine to us, feel free to stop by our Fort Collins Location. We are here to support all your computer needs.
Click here to purchase your Remote support virus removal. After check-out, one of our team will call to schedule an appointment by the end of the next business day!